Monday, July 12, 2010

God Had a Plan
Thoughts on Being First
He Loved First

Well, here’s a simple one – it’ll take 30 seconds to read and I hope you take it to heart. This most likely is my very favorite part to this “First” theme, because I love knowing that God loves me. And that he loved me FIRST! From the book of 1 John:
1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:19 We love, because He first loved us.
The following is a favorite scripture of mine, because although the word ‘first’ is not actually in the verse, still I find that God loves me already, so much so that He listens for my cries. I love Him because He loves me!
Psalm 116:1 I love the LORD, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
2Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
Here’s a thought – what child was ever born already loving the parent first? The child learns to love by being loved! Be blessed today as you ponder God’s heart for His child, and that He loved us first!

Job 42:1-2 Then Job answered the LORD and said, "I know that You can do all things, And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.


[ALL SCRIPTURES NASB]
***

4 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

Great post! And insightful!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Such wondrous love... who can fathom such depth and breadth and width of such a heavenly witness? I can't. I'm convinced that if we could ever get a hold of just what God's love looks like, we'd live a whole lot higher!

Thanks for visiting the blog today and leaving your kind comment. You are always welcome there.

peace~elaine

Deborah Ann said...

The Holy Spirit's stirring me up big time here! I LOVE how God loved us first, even knowing every mess we'd find ourselves in. Knowing all our flaws and frailties. He KNOWS us...and He loves us anyway....

Deborah Ann said...

Although I'm sure God has a special love for babies, I have a feeling He can't wait for them to grow up, so they can love Him back! I love that He loved us first...