Monday, April 27, 2015

Anxious Thoughts, Quiet Whispers

I'm still thinking over my reasons for being here - on this blog, that is. And I'm really thinking about about my new "subtitle." Letting go of anxious thoughts and tuning in to quiet whispers. It seems to be a recurring theme in my life. Don't worry, trust the Lord. I remind myself of that a lot! So, I won't say I worry - but I do have "anxious thoughts." After all, I have children and grandchildren and in today's uncertain world that alone is enough to bring anxiety to even a brave soul. And as my husband and I get older, we find health issues to present themselves more often. It seems there is always something to worry about if a person has a mind to worry.

1 Peter 9:6-7 says "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." And Philippians 4:6-7 says "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

When I am filled with anxious thoughts, I try to take a few moments to bring the Lord into the picture and surrender those thoughts to Him. When I intentionally give Him my requests for each troubling situation, I find that I really do have His peace. It's not that I think I will always get what I want, but it does remind me that He is with me in each and every situation life can bring, and that He hears my prayers and He is in control. And knowing that He cares for me is what really gives me peace.

Like me, you may have had some troubling days of late. The good news is that one day He will wipe away all our tears, and even here on this side of eternity, He does grant relief for adversity. I hope you are experiencing his peace today.

On a lighter note - a simple little thing I am thankful for today - my Etsy shop (Butterfly Feet Digital) was featured on a team blog. Here is the link if you'd like to have a look.
Etsy Christmas In July Blog

Well that's about it. Have a blessed day!

No comments: