Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God Had a Plan, Butterfly

It actually was a dark and stormy night. Jesus walked on water. He didn’t even rebuke the wind first. The sea raged – yet Jesus remained calm and walked on the blustery waves. What a picture of perfect faith and peace. I guess He knew His Father had a plan, and so He wasn’t worried.

We all have days when the trials of life seem more than we can bear, almost as if they are engulfing us, trying to pull us down to watery depths. And like the boat the disciples were in at the time, we can feel battered and driven by the waves, not able to come to shore and find rest.

Sometimes God speaks things that are so inspirational to me that I use them in my writing. I combined two separate such words in this little bit of a poem. The words were “tread lightly on the water” and “butterfly feet.” To me, it’s about floating over the trials of life, knowing the water will not overflow me because He is with me and invites me to rest in Him, even in troubled times. I also believe God was simply getting me to think about Jesus walking on water, and that He didn’t do it in any sort of panic.


Butterfly, Butterfly

Butterfly, butterfly
tread lightly on the waters

Butterfly feet, so tiny and neat
the waves are rising to greet you.

Butterfly, butterfly
tread lightly on the waters

You’ve got wings, He’s given you wings
the waves will not overflow you.

Butterfly, butterfly,
tread lightly on the waters.




The butterfly is not big and strong. Think about those tiny, delicate feet! But I don’t think butterflies worry much. After all, He’s given them wings! And if God has a plan for butterflies, He surely has a plan for you and me.



Matthew 14:24 – 25 But the boat was already a long distance from the land, battered by the waves; for the wind was contrary.
25And in the fourth watch of the night He came to them, walking on the sea.
26When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out in fear.
27But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid."



Job 42:1-2Then Job answered the LORD and said, "I know that You can do all things, And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.
[ALL SCRIPTURES NASB]

1 comment:

Sara Harricharan said...

Ooh, I love this. Wonderful.

Btw-Sherri, stop by my blog, I've got something for ya. ^_^

http://inshadesofscarlet.blogspot.com/