Well how fun is this! Sara Harricharan of In Shades of Scarlet has awarded me a "fabulous blog award" along with four others. The only problem I will have is passing it along to only five others as there are so many good ones out there to choose from!
The rules of this award are as follows: Confess 5 things I am addicted to and then to pass on this award to 5 other sisters.
Thinking about the things I am currently addicted to reminds me of the things I am no longer addicted to, thanks to our wonderful Lord! Those things were not good and included cigarettes, caffeine literally all day long, and living in fantasy land.
So now, having been a Christian for more than 35 years, what have I become addicted to? THE LIST:
- God's love. That He finds me and speaks to me and comforts me, whether it's through His word, song lyrics, words spoken or written by others who love Him, or even a sighting of something special in His creation, such as a coyote or nuthatch.
- God's voice in my life, that gentle, quiet whisper, and that tug on my heart until my actions follow. Along with that is my journal, where I do actually try to write down the things I believe He is saying to me, along with meditations and writings.
- My immediate family, all those special people closest to my heart including my husband of 35 years, my three sons and two daughters-in-law, and twin granddaughters.
- My friends, mainly my sisters in the Lord!
- Computer stuff - Love this blogging and really the reading and writing, and that God would use my talents in this way is way too fun. Also love a few other computer things - art and web design. They are rather like the "after school fun" in my life.
I could go on with things like chocolate, but hey, I'm at five!
Now for just a few (five) of the sisters who have blessed me:
- Yvonne Blake, because not only do I enjoy her writing but her simple faith is obvious, and I like the way she invites people to write her with questions. She also includes pictures I enjoy.
My Back door Ministry
- Betsy Markman, because I had the chance to meet her and she is a sincere woman of faith. I appreciate her teacher's heart and the effort she makes to research her topics.
Just Another Clay Pot
- Dee Yoder, because she is delightful! You will enjoy her writing and her love for the Lord, too.
My Heart's Delight
- Julie Arduini, because she is a gifted writer as well, with a love for the Lord.
The Surrendered Scribe
- Laura Lee Shaw, because she just has such a dedication to our Lord! You will appreciate her sweet heart. Although her blog is undergoing a change, I am sure it will be great.
Selah Pause. Ponder. Praise.